So last night I decided to “Pre-Poo” for the first time! I’ve always heard of hot oil treatments or deep conditioning the hair post-shampooing and/or co-washing. I never thought to do this step before washing and conditioning my hair. After the pre-poo process I HAD TO wash my hair with a little bit of shampoo to help clean and clarify my scalp from my workouts! I also co-washed with Aussie Moist Conditioner. But before I get on that, here are my pre-poo treatment steps:
How to Pre-Poo:
- Use a water bottle and spritz your hair with warm water to help open up the pores to allow the scalp to soak up the moisture
- Apply hot oil or deep conditioner to the hair (make sure you have an adequate amount of product)
- Massage oil/conditioner into the scalp
- Place plastic cap over hair (You can use a hot towel if you don’t have a sit-under dryer)
- Sit under dryer for about 15-30 minutes
- Rinse out product and shampoo and/or co-wash hair as usual
- Rinse hair
- Style as desired
It’s your discretion which way you want to go about the pre-poo treatment. Some people like to leave the treatment on for an hour, while some sleep with the plastic cap overnight. Choose a time frame that works for you. Personally, I like to stick to an hour or less…unless of course I really need a good deep conditioning. For my first time, I used the oils and I loved the results. I will say, it did get a little messy for me…mainly because I accidentally threw away my water bottle and my empty honey bear I use for my homemade concoctions, but I managed. lol
For my oil, I used a little more than a 1/4 a cup of the Jamaican: Mango & Lime Island Oil. About 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil, and about 7 drops of Rosemary Extract . Rosemary has natural ingredients that stimulate hair growth and improve circulation to the scalp. It also has antioxidants that prevent hair loss. You can read more about the benefits of Rosemary here . To learn more about other extracts that benefit the hair read here.
Ingredients: Castor oil, Carrot oil, Ginkgo Nut oil, Tea Tree oil, Wheat Term oil, Olive oil, Mango extract, Lime extract, Jojoba oil, Hibiscus oil, Sea Grape oil, Passion Fruit oil, FragranceAhhhhhhhh…now on to the Aussie Moist Conditioner! OMG!!!! It was like white, fluffy clouds in a bottle! No seriously…when I applied it to my hair it went on so smooth! Kind of like yogurt! I massaged it in and combed through my hair gently starting from the ends of my hair, working my way up, detangling to the root. I didn’t have to do much detangling, because my hair was already pretty soft from the first step. But this conditioner is absolutely amazing! I applied it and washed my hair the first time and then applied it a second time and left it on there for about 10 minutes. Once I rinsed it out, my hair was so soft! I definitely recommend trying the Aussie “Moist” collection.
The treatment and conditioner can be used on both natural and relaxed hair. I hope you will give them a try! They are definitely worth it!
Blog you later PBN’s!
Latest posts by Artney (see all)
- Jeff Galloway Training and Motivation Tips - February 28, 2015
- It’s My 3-Year Runniversary! + 2015 Mercedes Half Marathon Recap - February 25, 2015
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon: Marathon Day - February 20, 2015