Thank God It’s Friday!!! So many people love Friday because it’s wind-down time for the weekend and that’s when they can enjoy Taziki’s “Friday Pasta”! Every single time I go to Taziki’s I pretty much order the same thing — Chicken Basil-Pesto Gyro. It’s so good too! Last Friday, I decided to FINALLY try something different. Everyone kept raving about this “Friday Pasta”, so I had to see what the hype was about! Can you say…Super DELICIOUS?!!!
I looked for a recipe and voila! You know I had to right? I made it last night for Scandal’s season premiere and since I remixed it a little bit I called it, “Scandal Pasta”! LOL Cheesy I know. Well let’s get to it!
Taziki’s “Friday Pasta” (Serves 6)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups blended olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups mixed lettuces
- 1 ½ pounds penne pasta, cooked
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cubed
- 2 cups feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped
- To make vinaigrette: Mix thyme, shallots, balsamic vinegar, lemon, sugar, Dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 cup mixed lettuces on each plate. Toss cooked pasta with 12 ounces (or to taste) vinaigrette.
- Toss grilled chicken with 6 ounces vinaigrette.
- Spoon approximately 3 cups pasta onto lettuce then add chicken.
- Top with feta cheese and fresh basil to taste.
- I used reduced fat blue cheese and fat-free feta
- I used whole wheat penne (Power Food) in the place of regular penne
- Added more mixed greens because they are yummy!
- You can also use — Ken’s Balsamic salad dressing if you don’t feel like making your own dressing. I can say…nothing is like the real thing!
- Added one serving of Athenos Baked Pita Chips to enjoy with pasta
- I think pasta and chicken is best served warm
Recipe found here via Birmingham News.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Now I’m trying to decide if I’m going to Taziki’s (AGAIN) to enjoy this pasta between now and Sunday!
Have a great weekend!